One of my goals this year was to acknowledge joy and delight. So, I started keep track of my favorite things - things that truly make me smile and laugh.
I was going to present them daily leading up to Christmas like an Advent Calendar (because Advent Calendars are one of my favorite things), but I didn't get my illustrations ready in time.
So, I am presenting them in the form of another favorite thing, as a listicle! I hope this post brings you some joy as you read it, and I really encourage you to keep a list of your favorite things. It's a fun thing to come back to -- especially on the sourest of days!!!
1. Advent Calendars - Especially Ones With Doors and Chambers
2. Stop Motion Animation - All Kinds
3. Clear Plastic Containers ( aesthetically - not environmentally)
4. Walled Gardens
5. Secret Worlds
6. Roadside Shrines
7. May Baskets
8. Matchbox Babies
9. Humans Making Peacock Noises (Especially My Brother Nick)
10. Fake TV Typing (Especially When Stephen Colbert Does It)
11. Tiny Ceramic Buttons Made By My Sister Lisa
12. People Who Draw On Packages, Envelopes, and Money
13. Stores That Have Real Cats Living In Them
14. Finding Hidden Wallpaper When Doing Renovations
15. Disembodied, Fake Cat And Dog Paws In TV and Movies
16. Dirt Clumps From Soccer Cleats That Look Like Swiss Cheese
17. The California Raisins
18. Serving Cat Food On Fancy Dishes From Thrift Stores
19. Paper Snowflakes
Anna Lentz, artist, writer, and creativity coach who blogs about making a creative life connected with nature at Spring Bird.